This is a specific list of every known decision made by the current term of IGNITE’s Board of Directors, since May 2019.
The items are organized by significance, but are accompanied by time stamps.
Ercolé Perrone is the executive director of IGNITE and the top paid staff. He has worked at the student union for over a decade.
The Board of Directors is a governing body made up usually of nine directors, but this year it is 10 because, for the first time, there is an Orangeville director.
The executives are made up of one president and a vice president from North and Lakeshore Campuses as well as the University of Guelph-Humber.
Kristin Gavlan is the Leadership Initiatives Coordinator.
IGNITE is the student union for members at Humber College and the University of Guelph-Humber.
Major items first:
- Sept. 11, 2019: Directors pass package of seven bylaw amendments that change the structure of how IGNITE will govern. More on these proposals here.
- Nov. 13, 2019: Directors pass Board policy update banning all non-members of the Board from attending meetings, a move highly unusual for a student union. More here.
- Oct. 9: First talks in minutes regarding closing off the Board of Directors meetings and the proposed “Media Days”.
- At each meeting the minutes of the previous one was passed. IGNITE is then, according to its bylaws, to post the approved meeting minutes from the month previous. However, the student union has been late, sometimes by over 50 days, each time this academic year.
- May 9, 2019: Neto Naniwambote chosen as chair of the Board and Nav Sidhu chosen as vice-chair. More here.
- May 9, 2019: Motion to approve the appointment of Vanessa Silaphet as the Board Secretary for 2019-2020. More here.
- May 9, 2019: Motion to approve the appointment of Monica Khosla – President and Megan Roopnarine – Vice President Guelph-Humber, as the alternate signing authorities.
- Sept. 11: Approval of May 9 meeting minutes. However, these minutes will not be posted for some time. More here.
- Sept. 11: Approval of hired Vice President Shay Hamilton after election Simran quit over the summer.
- Sept. 11: BDO issues a clean audit report. 2018-2019 Audited Financial Statements approved.
- Sept. 11: Executive Director Ercole Perrone presents an update for the revised budget with students currently interacting with optional fees. October meeting will have update.
- Oct. 9: Budget approval, revealing the opt-in rate for optional student fees. More here.
Below is a link to each set of Board of Directors meeting minutes that have been released so far.